April 22nd has been celebrated since 1970
There is even a flag that you would recognize which symbolizes this very special day.
My goal is to right a green blog everyday to celebrate this day. I hope they are helpful to your budget, and the planet.
Ten tips for saving water at home:
1) Shave 1 minute off your shower (savings 2.5 gals)
2) Replace toilets with low flow (2.2 - 3.8 gals per flush!!!)
3) Fix leaky faucets (15- 20 gals per leak per day)
4) Water your yard before 8 am to prevent evaporation (20-25 gals)
5) Add 2-3" of mulch around trees & plants (saves 20-25 gals day per 1000 sq ft)
6) Wash only full loads of laundry (15-50 gals per load)
7)Recirculation systems runs your hot water through the pipes and back to the water heater allowing you to have hot water immediately, and eliminating the need to let water run down the drain while you wait for the shower to heat up. See pics below.
8) Turn off water when you shave or brush your teeth (2.5 gals per min)
9) Replace your lawn with native plants (30 - 60 gals per day)
10) Challenge your housemates to think of new ideas to save water.
What are your suggestions to save water!
Oh, by the way, April 22 is Earth Day.
|Hot water heater fitted with a circulation timer|
I love living in Rincon Valley! I've lived here since 1995 and can't imagine living in a better North Bay community. Call me today if you're interested in buying a home in Rincon Valley, or if you'd like to list your Rincon Valley home for sale.
|Jim Cheney, Your Rincon Valley Realtor|
- Jim Cheney, Broker
- Saint Francis Property
- (707) 494-1055
- Rincon Valley - Santa Rosa