Simple things you can do today to make a differenceAs part of my "Earth day series" here is a reminder of all the ways we could all save a little energy, guaranteed. If we all did just half of these, we could save a lot of energy. These are all things everybody has heard before. Nothing below is new. Try to implement some of these ideas today.
2) Check the tire pressure on you car tires: The hardest part is finding a tire gauge that works! Hey big shot, just go buy one for $1.50 at the auto store or your local gas station. It will probably pay of itself in the first tank of gas. Don't know your tire pressure? I'd guess it's 34 lbs without even knowing what kind of car you drive. But it should be printed on the side of your tires.
3) Set up a clothes line: I don't know what else to tell you about this one. We dry our sheets mostly. They really do smell better. You can do towels, but it helps to put them in the drier for the last 10-15 minutes so they soften up.
4) Get the junk out of your trunk: Get that 25 lb bag of dog food out of your car! Every 100 lbs can reduce your cars efficiency by 2%. Want even better fuel efficiency? Take off that roof rack, ski season's over Spider Savage!
5) Now this last one take a real commitment. I don't know if I should list it. It's tough and dirty. Clean the lint out of your dryer vent - every load! Not once a week, not every other load, but everytime.
6) Turn your computer off at night: I don't know why I do it, but even I am guilty of this. Just because your screen is in sleep mode doesn't mean you not buring $$$. I guess I'm affraid I'll miss an important blog.
I love living in Rincon Valley! I've lived here since 1995 and can't imagine living in a better North Bay community. Call me today if you're interested in buying a home in Rincon Valley, or if you'd like to list your Rincon Valley home for sale.
|Jim Cheney, Your Rincon Valley Realtor|
- Jim Cheney, Broker
- Saint Francis Property
- (707) 494-1055
- Rincon Valley - Santa Rosa