Sales report for March 2018
This report does not include mobile homes for homes in Oakmont
|Click on the image to enlarge it|
Limited inventory continues to drive home prices to new levels as Santa Rosa struggles to rebuild following the 2017 Tubbs fires. The following factors contribute to the current seller's market:
- Increasing interest rates means homeowners are less likely to want to finance another home decreasing the desire to move
- Homeowners who might want to sell will have a difficult time finding a replacement property, which means unless sellers are leaving the area, they are less willing to sell
- Homeowners are seeing double digit percentage increases. Those looking at the long term investment of their home see no reason to sell now.
- Buyers are fighting for homes due to the staggering number of people displaced by the Tubbs fire who still work in Sonoma County and would prefer to live here rather than commute.
- Buyers want to hurry up and buy before interest rates rise any higher
I love living in Rincon Valley! I've lived here since 1995 and can't imagine living in a better north bay community. Call me today if you're interested in buying a home in Rincon Valley, or if you'd like to list your Rincon Valley home for sale.
|Jim Cheney, Your Rincon Valley Realtor|
- Jim Cheney, Broker
- Saint Francis Property
- (707) 494-1055
- Rincon Valley - Santa Rosa
- Certified Tourism Ambassador